It takes a unique blend of factors to make Industrial Symbiosis a viable business model. Kawerau has everything needed for a harmonious relationship.
Kawerau’s strengths in clean energy production, industrial engineering and its effective infrastructure are all underpinned by New Zealand’s culture of innovation. With an efficient free market economy and solid stable business environment, the World Bank recently ranked New Zealand as the easiest country in which to do business.
Our skilled and deregulated labour base, sound employment and labour laws, as well as government support of new industry and clean technology, provide a solid foundation for industries to flourish here.
Existing industrial synergies demonstrate how organisations working together, result in excellence, efficiency and effectiveness. Industries are supported by highly skilled design, construction and maintenance engineers, renewable energy providers and the local community.
Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau, offers companies the opportunity to:
- Benefit from the world’s largest application of geothermal energy for direct industrial use
- Access direct heat and sustainable electricity from a secure and cost-effective supplies
- Enjoy a supportive and enabling regulatory environment and local community
- Benefit from highly efficient transport infrastructure that connects to the world-class Port of Tauranga
- Plug into the nearby science and research communities in Taupo and Rotorua
- Share in a range of new industry opportunities.